WELCOME TO THE SHINING STARS SCHOOL
The State of Utah remains committed to slowing the spread of COVID-19 and to that end, Governor Herbert has extended statewide school dismissals through May 1, 2020.
Please check here for updated information on the closure.
School Closure Policies and Procedures for The Shining Stars School
The Shining Stars School, in collaboration with the Summit County Health Department and Park City School District, established guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our students and community.
Currently Taking Action:
- Promoting safe hygiene methods both in and out of the classroom
- Maintaining clean surfaces throughout the day
- Sanitizing nightly after students have left the building
- Monitoring illness in the classrooms
- Preparing for school closure and how to best serve our students
We encourage our students, families, and staff to actively wash their hands and take all precautions that would normally be taken to avoid illness. Please keep children home if they display any signs of compromised health including but not limited to; fever, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea.
Official communication will be provided through email, text and our website here.
In the event that Summit County Health Department recommends temporary school closure for Shining Stars we will notify our families promptly once the decision has been made. The CDC is currently recommending anywhere from 14 to 30 days based on circumstance.
- 14 Day Closure – 30 Day Closure: packets will be sent home with activities for students. Teachers will stay in contact via email with further instruction. Please remember that this is preschool so we highly encourage reading books with your child, exploratory play, outside time and crafting.
- There will be no tuition reimbursements due to school closures lasting up to 30 days. Our teachers will still be working to best support their students during this time and will be available via email, text and phone if needed.
Please read all emails sent from The Shining Stars School. Information regarding dates for the school to re-open will be sent via email and will also be on our website.
It is important during this time to remain calm and be flexible. Everyone’s health and safety are not taken lightly. Our Shining Stars Family is very important to us and we hope to mitigate any frustration or fear surrounding this situation.
Please reach out to me if you have any questions
OUR DOLLAR DRIVE FUNDRAISER IS NOW LIVE!
2020-2021 IS OPEN!
Space is Limited
*Please contact Jenn at 708-989-0103 or
with any questions about registration
At The Shining Stars School, our mission is to capture the teachable moments that happen everyday by fostering the intellectual, creative, social, emotional, and physical growth and development of our students and to inspire a life long commitment to learning. Our goal is to establish and maintain a developmentally appropriate environment for learning, while supporting our students in reaching their highest social and academic potential. Our classroom environment promotes cultural values and supports positive relationships and interactions. By empowering families to participate in their children’s education we foster the growth and advancement of the whole child.